Since there seems to be nothing else on Facebook these days, I thought I’d add my 2 cents on this coronavirus thing.
First of all, I can’t quite decide which is more annoying… the ‘coronavirus is scary posts’ or the ‘stop freaking out posts.’ I think it’s safe to say that both are being overused because I’m really tired of seeing anything about this virus by now. (And here I am, adding to the noise.)🤦♀️
Except the toilet paper stories, cuz those are hilarious. Explain to me again how toilet paper is helpful in this situation?🤷♀️
Here’s my advice:
1. Stop buying toilet paper. It’s not helpful against a virus. (Isn’t this common sense?)😅
2. Don’t overuse hand sanitizers. They weaken your immune system.
3. Get educated on viruses. You see, viruses are always around, but they do vary in strength and not all are contagious. I know people who have had a virus and I know how scary they can be, because they can and will attack your organs, and will often leave permanent damage especially if they attack the heart. But if you have a healthy immune system, your body will usually fight off the virus and you will never even know you had it. So the bottom line is: The coronavirus might be be a stronger virus then most but the solution is simple: Build up your immune system. Go buy spinach, not toilet paper.😎 (Also, I know very little about these things so read that ☝️ with a grain of salt.)
4. Stop freaking out. It’s not helpful. 🤨
5. Shut down your social media, stop listening to ‘fake’ news and watch your fear disappear.
6. Ask God what he has to say about it.
Now, for the real reason the coronavirus should scare you.
1. You might end up with a flooded bathroom. At school, they have used the coronavirus to teach the kids about proper hand washing. Kenzie (age 7) is all in, she washes her hands in the morning, before meals, when she touches her face and the list goes on. And she washes them for 20 seconds (the recommended time) which allows plenty of time for her brothers (ages 4 and 2) to realize that they To should keep their hands clean. Guys this is getting serious. When 3 kids ages 7 and younger wash their hands for 20 seconds, multiple times a day, we end up with water all over the counter, running down the sides and forming a puddle on the floor. We might need to do a bathroom reno from water damage if this virus doesn’t blow over soon.😳
2. We might end up homeless. The state is slowly shutting down schools, churches etc. Linville school is not shutting down unless the state shuts them down. The thing is, the last day of school is on June second and settlement on our house at this point is on June second or soon after which means we need to be out on that day. If Linville gets shut down for a week or two that means school will go a week or two longer which means we won’t have a house to live in since we can’t actually move till school is out because we do want Kenzie to graduate. I have no idea if that made any sense but take my word for it: we need this coronavirus to go away or else we might end up living in a tent for a couple weeks. 😳
And that my friends, is the real reason that the coronavirus should scare you.
On another note: I know for sure that what the devil means for evil, God can always use for good if we give it to him.
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive. — Genesis 50:20 NASB
Right now the world is living in fear of death but God is promising life.